In same frameworks such as Sparrow, Starling and Platino, the Y coordinate is flipped. If this is the case then it is possible in Particle Designer to flip the Y coordinates that are exported.
1. Select the gear button located in the top right hand corner of the particle systems panel
2. This will display the particle system settings
3. Selecting Flip Y will cause the Y values for that particle system to be flipped when exported.
4. These settings are saved in your project.
5. Press the gear button again to hide the particle system settings.